Monday, November 17, 2008

Alternatives to Paying Your Mortgage If Your House Is "Underwater"

According to experts, it might be better to consider some of the new alternatives recently enacted by the federal government if your house is "underwater" (i.e., you owe more than the value of your house). Some of the new programs (including FHA Secure and Help for Homeowners as well as Streamlined Modification) can modify your loan to a lower amount and/or lower monthly payments. Find out if you qualify: